Requirements to enter Galapagos 2020
The Galapagos governing council has approved an amendment to Article 48 detailing the regulation of immigration and residency for the Galapagos Islands special scheme. Please revise the following Galapagos entry requirements as you plan your trip.
Requirements to enter Galapagos 2020:
- Return flight tickets to and from the islands
- Traveler’s documentation, passport or identity card (Your documents cannot be expiring within 6 months)
- A “transit control card” (TCT) which costs $20 and can be obtained at the immigration office of Galapagos, Quito and Guayaquil airports.
- Please see additional requirements to enter the Galapagos during the pandemic
- After experiencing a global pandemia due to COVID-19 we realized that an entire trip can change in just a matter of days and, when faced with an emergency away from home, our clients (travelers to the Galapagos) should have access to travelers’ assistance that actually helps and works in a time of crisis. From now on, we strongly suggest you purchase good health and travel insurance.
GALAPAGOS WITH CHOKOTRIP
Below are a few links to different types of content related to the Galapagos, including a few guides. All of this content is updated and based on my annual trip to the Islands.